Sunday, October 24, 2010

so anyway

So anyway, I didn't update this for almost exactly a year because I was too busy, and frankly getting sober isn't always pretty. Like most people who get sober, I spent most of my first year sober pretty crazy. Going against advice of people who have been where I was, and then getting hurt as a consequence.

The biggest lesson I had to learn is that my ideas were pretty terrible and I didn't know how to live. I see people who try to live by their terrible ideas and their lives are terrible. Their egos place them so apart from others that they don't bother to talk and find out if what they're saying makes any sense or not. That's my experience and I'm not speaking for any organization or whatever.

Will update more later because right now I have to go OH I DONT KNOW SHOWER AND GET TO BED.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you keep posting. Did you ever read Infinite Jest? Yeah, I know it's huge and everything. But the rehab and AA stuff is beautiful, funny and smart, and I think you might love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please keep posting..I am at 20 days after 13 years sober. Help!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks jen, i'm stuck reading edwardian british humor and can't seem to get away from it for the mo.

    dixie, congrats! keep doing what you know you gotta do.

    ReplyDelete